Friday, May 13, 2011

Third Language

I have been taking Japanese as my third language for a year and a half now. I have wanted to learn Japanese so that I can watch my favourite anime "Detective Conan"(名探偵コナン)without subtitles which could can take subbers half a year to sub Detective Conan movies. However, as I am learning Japanese, I have become very interested in their culture than just watching an anime.

Japanese lessons are very fun and engaging. Our teacher is very kind and not fierce. She would always use objects, games and PowerPoint slides for her class so that we are engaged. Our teacher has literally everything in her handbag.(plastic fruits, long pencils, even soft toys!) She uses this objects to teach us nouns, how to describe an action or object. In total, I think that she is a very good teacher.

However, all these fun has ended as our exams came. A lot of us did not study and was not prepared for the test. 2 weeks ago, we received our test results, half of the class have failed but I got 47.9/55 marks, 3rd in class. [Evil Akira Makino >:( ] Most of the students after receiving their terrible results did not even feel remorseful. Instead, they were even laughing and comparing to see whose score was the lowest. Even the new student who have quit Japanese for 1 year got higher than them. I feel that they should treat Japanese lessons more seriously, not as a place to chat and socialize or they would just be wasting their time there. However, all is not lost, let's all study hard and ace the next test!

皆さん、がんばってください!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment