Monday, February 28, 2011

Responding-To Kill a Mockingbird

Scout was my favourite character as her experiences reminded me of my childhood, such as making dares with my friends and about how naive and gullible I was then. Her process of growing up was also very similar to mine. When I was young, whenever I saw a toy, I would almost ask my parents to buy it, if they did, I would probably throw it away after a few days but if they did not, I would argue with them but I never won. This is very similar to Scout's arguement with Calpurnia where she never won. My parents taught me that I will not always get what I want just like Atticus and Calpurnia exposing Scout to the outside world. I was also very rash like Scout, whenever I disliked somebody, I would pinch them or scold bad words at them; like Scout chasing after Walter Cunningham and her cousins. But, my parents taught me that I can't go bashing anyone I don't like and that I have to bear with them; like Calpurnia and Atticus teaching Scout that everyone has their own ways and that she should respect it. In the end. I have turned many potential enemys into friends by getting to know them better; just like Boo and Walter becoming Scout's friends after she got to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment