Monday, February 28, 2011

Poem of Scout(To Kill a Mockingbird)

"Everyone who goes home to lunch hold up your hands".

"Miss Caroline, he's a Cunningham".

"I've had about enough of you this morning".



She sank down into her chair and

buried her head in her arms.

had her been more friendly I would have felt sorry.



Saved by the bell,

Catching Walter in the school yard gave

me some pleasure of rubbing him in the dirt.



"Not a soul in sight" I said

as Jem leaned as far as he could into the window

but then I saw Dill ringing the bell with all his might.



We weren't makin' fun of him, we

weren't laughin' at him',

we were just-



Every scratch of feet on gravel was Boo Radley

seeking revenge. Every passing Negro laughing was Boo Radley

loose and after us. Insects splashing was Boo Radley picking wire to pieces.



Leaving me to entertain

our cousin. Francis was eight and

had slicked back his hair.

"He's nothin' but a nigger-lover!"

"He is not!" I roared and

ran after him, collaring him.



"Why there he is, Mr Tate,

he can tell you his name."

He was leaning against the wall.



His hands were white hand that

had never seen the sun,

so white that they stood out against the wall.



I gazed at him in wonder,

His lips parted into a timid smile.

"Hey,Boo," I said.

2 comments:

  1. The poem was a little confusing. The first stanza had three dialogues with no speaker mentioned before and afterhand. This also reappeared once in stanza 7 where the speakers were not clear. You might want to clarify this matter by putting who the speaker is beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The structure of the poem was a little confusing for me as the tempo was too fast.

    ReplyDelete